Monday 2 January 2012

I Saw the Sign

I mentioned earlier that I visited Holland with my awesomer-half last month.  We visited Germany too, and saw many wonderful sights.  The funny thing about travelling in Europe is that you will not recognise all the road signs.  They're not the ones you grew up with, and therefore the iconography is open to interpretation.  Travellers do their best to come up with meanings on the fly when they see funky road signs but it's all just guesswork.  Well, let me save you some hassle, in case you get to Holland or Germany you will know what these signs mean:

Alien Abduction Zone:  You know that song "I Ran (So Far Away)" by A Flock of Seagulls?  This is what they were talking about.

Uitgezonderd:  The Dutch live here.  Nuff said.


Theological Zone:  Some people go to heaven, some people go to hell.  That's just the way it is.  I bet you wish you tipped that waitress a little more now don't ya?  Yeah, where's your God now, heathen barbarian?


Everybody Dance:  You're probably in Germany, and the EU has just mandated that you must know where the nearest raves are.  Please crack your lightsticks now.

Heh heh.  Like that?  There's more.  Personally, I recommend visiting glowsticking.com for all your convivial luminescence needs.


4 comments:

  1. Love the strange signs, and the reference to Flock of Seagulls. Remember that guy's strange hairstyle? ROFL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I hear from your mother's blog that congratulations are in order!! Woo-hoo! Happy planning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teehee! Love it! I'll be sure to pass these on to my daughter as she plans to go abroad in march. These are things she should know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brandie I hope your daughter has a great time. Choc-chip :) thanks. :) BTW, yes the Flock of Seagulls guy did have funny hair. I think he actually was a hairdresser.

    ReplyDelete