Saturday 15 October 2011

Every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man



The Best Girlfriend in the World treated me to a shopping spree on Friday afternoon.  In keeping with the ZZ Top song, I'm gonna be a "sharp dressed man."  I couldn't resist the posh allure of Dalvey, where we were greeted by the nicest man who helped me find this awesome dress shirt.  I'm going to look so good at work.  Well, that's not hard; one of my coworkers showed up wearing a spiderman shirt and faded camo cargo pants... on a Tuesday.  So by that standard, it's not difficult to dress better than my coworkers.  I own a shirt with buttons.  (Zing!)

Anyway, the nicest sales associate in the world explained they were having a sale; you get a shirt and a tie for 99 euro.  This shirt really spoke to me; there was a poster of a model was wearing this very shirt at the top of the stairs to the "Bespoke Shirts" department and I was like, "Oh yeah.  That's the one."

My parents can attest to the fact that I'm a little slow sometimes when it comes to making decisions.  Not today.  I was like, "I want that."  The nicest sales associate in the world measured my neck, asked what kind of cuff I wanted, and badda bing.  I got style!

Check out this handmade silk tie.  I love paisleys.  It looks exactly like that one my Dad and I saw in Ermenegildo Zegna for $325.  Dalvey does a good job with selecting quality fabric and providing good workmanship.  One might be tempted to say it is a pricey store, but you get what you pay for.

On to the sunglasses.  I have to admit that I think George Clooney is seriously cool.  I don't usually read these kinds of web pages, but there was a papparazzi page that pictured him driving a Chris Craft boat in Italy, wearing Persol sunglasses.  He looked like the king of cool.  Well, since I don't have his bank account, his Chris Craft or his house on Lake Como, at least I can have his sunglasses.  haha  We found these babies at Brown Thomas.  That's kind of the Saks Fifth Avenue of Dublin.  Nice store.

Like I said, I have the Best Girlfriend in the World.  (happy dance)  Somebody loves me!

No comments:

Post a Comment