Saturday 9 July 2011

Grafton Street at night

This is the end of Grafton Street by St. Stephen's Green at night.  Well, I call it "night" because it was 10:00 PM but it stays light in the summer until rather late here.  Dublin is located at 53° N latitude, which I believe is further north than Vancouver and Toronto.  Pictures without further ado:

Pretty pedestrian streets...
 
 Dublin is full of lovely lamp posts...

Dear Ireland, we humbly apologise for this.  Sincerely, America...

This is a very old mall at St Stephen's Green...

I know it's a fun place but try not to wig out...

M... I... C... K... E... Y...  (yes, this is the Disney Store)
 

3 comments:

  1. Loved the pix. Thanks for sharing them. The very old mall isn't very old though. They knocked down a row of Georgian and Victorian pubs and houses to build it and many people complained bitterly! I remember drinking in the pubs when I was a student, and rehearsing plays in an upstairs room. They were a great haunt for actors and writers. One, on the corner, was probably the first gay pub in Dublin. There was a glorious long mahogany bar in another. When the building was demolished a friend of mine got hold of it. Don't know where it went after that - it's probably still in her parents' garage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I got off the plane in Costa Rica and the first thing I saw was a Taco Bell I profusely apologized to everyone in my vicinity.

    I do have to admit that the Disney store is kind of cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh the charm! I love those lamp posts. They're something out of a dream. Thanks for all this sharing. It's utterly delightful.

    ReplyDelete